By: Drew Gierach – Fishidy Sr. Application Developer
Last week Fishidy launched the much-anticipated Waterway Pages. Until now, there wasn’t a way to see activity on your favorite body of water other than viewing the catches you marked yourself. Now there’s a really cool way to connect with and share information with other anglers who fish the same waterways while researching waterway data, tips, techniques, species and loads of other valuable information.
The new Fishidy Waterway Pages allow users to:
- Share posts specific to waterways fished – you can provide updates on water or weather conditions, give out your own fishing tips or techniques or share the name of your favorite restaurant on or near that spot
- View detailed information about the waterway – we give you everything you need to know; weather, bottom composition, cover, species, seasonal movements, forage and much more
- Connect with other anglers that fish the same waters that you do to expand on your ever-increasing knowledge and angling skills
Following a new waterway couldn’t be easier!
- You can find a waterway by clicking on the search button on the top right of fishidy.com
- Or you can click on the “Find a Waterway” button located on the bottom left of the website. It will open the same search box on the top right of the screen.
- Ensure that the waterways radio button is selected.
- Type in the name of the waterway you’re looking for. If the waterway exists, you will be able to select it from the list.
- Once you’ve been redirected to the waterway page for that lake the final step is to click on the Follow button. And that’s it, you’re connected!
Now that you’re connected with one of your favorite waterways you can view information about the body of water and share information with other anglers.
In the months to come you’ll see minor changes to the waterway pages based on feedback we get from our users (that’s you). So, if at anytime you have any comments or suggestions please use the new feedback button located on the bottom of Fishidy.com.
Haven’t had enough? I can tell you a few things we’ll be adding to the waterway pages in the months to come.
- Ability to post and showoff your catches on the waterway page.
- View a waterway’s specific regulations and required licenses.
- Ability to view a list of surrounding businesses like bait shops, gas stations, restaurants and more
Be sure to visit our blog regularly to stay up-to-date on Fishidy enhancements as well as news, articles and insight into the world we all love…FISHING!
A bit about Drew:
Drew is Fishidy’s beloved web developer and application designer. He’s been working hard, along with the rest of the development team, on these new waterway pages. Oh, and he likes to fish too. Bonus!