- Make sure the fish is completely bled.
- Turn the skein so the membrane side is facing up.
- Gently scrape the membrane to push the eggs out of the membrane.
- Transfer the eggs you want to use to a paper towel.
- Spread the eggs out on the paper towel to remove excess moisture and any remaining blood.
- Sprinkle the Pautzke BorX O’ Fire Cure over the eggs with a regular kitchen spoon, similar to sprinkling sugar on cereal or fruit.
- Mix the eggs to activate the cure.
- Let the eggs sit for 20 to 25 minutes for the cure to set.
- The final product should be eggs that are easily separated with your fingers and do not leave behind a wet or sticky residue.