‘Tis the season to start holiday shopping for your outdoor-loving family and friends, but where do you start? What kinds of things do they really need or want for future fishing trips? Don’t stress yourself out and turn into a grinch! Here are six angler-related gift ideas that will minimize those holiday shopping headaches.
- UV Buff® Seamless Headband or Original Buff® Headwear ($14.99 – $20.00) – The Buff Headband provides ultraviolet protection for a lady angler’s head and neck. The UV Buff Seamless Headband can work as a headband, hairband or wristband and is machine washable. The Original Buff offers more coverage, and is the ideal gift for men who fish or are outdoors since it helps to protect against sunburn and windburn.
- Icebreaker Merino Wool Hike+ Lite Mini Socks ($19.99) – These Icebreaker Merino Wool Hike+ Lite Mini Socks have an anatomical toe box that offers a contoured fit and cushion. If you know an angler that fishes by foot, these socks make a great gift since they are naturally odor-resistant and breathable. Icebreaker makes Merino Wool Hike+ Lite Mini Socks in both men’s and women’s sizes.
- Wild River Lure Cover ($9.99) – Every angler gets frustrated with tangled lures and spinnerbaits. Help keep your fishing friends or family members organized with this useful addition to any tackle management plan. It’s designed to hold lures securely while conveniently protecting them from damage and entanglement with other lures in your tackle box.
- Lazer Trokar Hooks ($12.99 to $17.99) – From saltwater circle hooks to wacky worm hooks with weed guards, Trokar makes these black chrome hooks in the USA using surgically sharpened technology. While they aren’t the cheapest hooks on the market, they land fish and stand up to corrosion like no other brand.
- Spiderwire® Stealth Glow-Vis Braid ($28.99 for 125 yards) – This new braided line uses fluorescent brighteners to enhance line visibility above water while incorporating a low-visibilty green that disappears below the water. Anglers can always use extra line!
- Freedom Tackle Live Action Hybrid Jigs ($6.49 to $8.99) – If you’re looking for a unique tackle gift for an avid bass angler, pick up a pack of Freedom Tackle Jigs. These jigs are unique because they come with a patent-pending interchangeable hook release system that allows you to change out hooks to whichever size you want to use. The hook also swings freely behind the jig head creating a life-like movement that fish can’t resist.